Descriptions of all Office of Inspector General (OIG) Classified Civil Service positions and any required supplementary forms can be found at the City of New Orleans Civil Service website. Applicants must apply and qualify through Civil Service before they can be offered a position with the OIG. Civil Service postings do not necessarily indicate current open positions.
Office of Inspector General (OIG) Executive Assistant (EA) will be responsible for responding to and fielding telephone calls, relaying messages and handling incoming communications such as emails and formal letters. The EA will manage the daily, weekly and monthly calendar for the Inspector General (IG) and arrange new meetings and appointments. The EA will prepare letters, memos and correspondences for the IG. The EA will maintain the OIG procurement filling system.
- Manages the daily, weekly and monthly calendar for the Inspector General (IG) and arrange new meetings and appointments.
- Inputs and manages the IG’s MS Outlook contacts.
- Acts as the clerical and administrative support to the Inspector General.
- Takes and transcribes dictations, handwritten notes and types various letters and correspondence.
- Uses MS Office products to create, edit and prints a variety of documents.
- Performs clerical work involving the exercise of discretion and independent judgement.
- Acts as clerical assistant to the Inspector General, composing important correspondence, scheduling events, and relieving the IG of all clerical details and minor administrative paperwork.
- Will report to the Inspector General and Chief of Staff/Chief Operations Officer positions.
- On occasion, as needed, shall provide administrative report to all divisions; Investigations; Audit; Inspections & Evaluations.
- Manage travel for IG, and staff including scheduling out of town travel, filing required documents for reimbursements and maintaining travel related records.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of experience providing high level administrative support to a department head, equivalent or higher.
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Integrity, professionalism, strong problem-solving skills and ability to be assertive in challenging situations.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Eligibility for Employment:
- All offers of employment contingent upon a background check and drug screening.
- Contact: Please direct questions to Jessica Lang at (504) 681-3200.